2014 Yamaha The DRIVE® Gas
Call for Price
drive orange (4)
In the game of golf, the champions are the ones who sweat the small stuff. Nothing is unimportant; everything is worthy of painstaking work. This is Yamaha's approach to designing the finest fleet golf car.
Deep in the DNA of The DRIVE® is everything we've learned from our motorcycles, ATV's and watercraft, including the ability to build with fewer parts, which leads to lighter weight, which leads to superior hill-climbing ability, a virtually greaseless chassis and the lowest maintenance costs in the industry.
- Yamaha Built 357F Gasoline Engine: We're the only golf car manufacturer that builds its own engines. At 357cc's, producing 11.4 horsepower, it's the industry's most fuel efficient, with gas mileage that's up to 30% better than our competition. It's quiet, virtually vibration free, and has low emissions. If we're going to build our own, it's a good thing we're Yamaha.
- Filterless Oil System: Our Yamaha gasoline engines use a splash-style positive oil lubrication system that eliminates the need for an oil pump. And with no oil pump to protect, there's no need for an oil filter. You save on maintenance, you don't have to buy new filters, and you don't have to figure out how to dispose of the old ones.
- HybriCore™ Chassis: How do you make a chassis nearly 20% lighter and 2.5 times stronger? We mated an automotive, ladder-style, 100% robotically welded steel frame, protected by an 18-step paint process, to a polypropylene structural floor. It's unique design provides added strength and protects the battery.
- Automotive-Style Dash: The auto industry spent a hundred years getting this right, so why not use it? We gave it four cup holders to hold different-size cups; a center storage area for wallets, cell phones, and personal items; six ball holders; six tee holders; and a big, easy-to-clean storage compartment on each side.
- EnduraDrive™ Transaxle with Internal Disc Brake Technology: An industry first, inspired by the Yamaha ATV. A completely enclosed disc brake system that eliminates brake drums and shoes, needs only one brake cable, and is projected, based on extensive testing, to have an incredibly long life with essentially no maintenance.
- Largest Most Comfortable Seat in the Industry: Deep, supportive contours are intended to help hold occupants in place while the car is moving. Designed to accommodate occupants of all different heights and sizes, it's made of pure, supple foam bonded to a seamless, fabric-backed vinyl cover, and the polypropylene seat base is strengthened with plated steel inserts. Won't sag or warp, stands up to repeated pressure washings, and remains the most comfortable seat in the business despite daily abuse.
- ClimaGuard Top™ with Dual Gutters: Our top is wider and extends farther in the front for maximum occupant protection, and it's longer in the rear to give maximum protection without interfering with the clubs. It has the only 360° double rain channel in the industry, and its integrated water drain system has an exclusive clog-proof design. It's built for rattle-free stability and has integrated grab handles. So who's afraid of a little rain?
- Low Cost of Ownership: You're about maintaining the course, not the car. So this one boasts the lowest cost of ownership in the industry. The lowest. Period.
- Tru-Trak II™ Fully Independent Front Suspension: Notice how one tire stays firmly planted, even though the other adjusts to the terrain? That's the fully independent suspension at work. We designed a maintenance-free suspension using automotive-style, coil-over-shock struts to minimize roll and deliver a smooth, comfortable ride. Sooner or later, some golfer will offer to trade his car for it.
- Best Front & Rear Bumpers in the Industry: You know and we know: things happen out there. So we made our bumpers with thicker walls and textured surfaces to withstand mishaps. They're the same height front and rear to minimize damage. They release air on impact; in fact, they're 5 mph rated. And if worse comes to worst, you can replace them by removing only two bolts.
- Sentry Wraparound Protection System™: The DRIVE® comes with 360° protection against scrapes, scratches, and bumps. Polypropylene side sills protect against side impacts. In the front and rear, energy-absorbing bumpers release air on impact to protect the body and frame while tires fill in the gaps. Hazards can approach from any angle. You're covered.
- Maintenance-Free Rack-and-Pinion Steering: Steering this nimble and responsive was once found only on high-performance sports cars. Our version is permanently greased with sealed bearings and is virtually maintenance free.
- Removable Floorboard Access Panel: Forget the floor jack for inspecting the brake and accelerator pedals. This access panel makes it easy. Integrated brushes prevent debris and foreign objects from entering.
- Virtually Greaseless Chassis: Sealed bearings, automotive grade tie-rods and permanently lubricated steering components that never need greasing save you time and money. That's smart design.
- Flexible, Durable Body Panels: Our body panels are made of custom-formulated thermoplastic olefin providing superior flexibility, durability, and cold weather resistance. Panels lock together and mount with fewer hardware to make removal easy. They are robotically painted with a two-part topcoat of high-luster, automotive-grade polyurethane paint that is closely matched to the body panel.
- Best Occupant Space: Best window of entry and exit. Best leg space in the industry. Best foot space, rear body to pedal. Improved steering height and position. Improved seat height and position. Improved headroom. There's no better space to occupy, take our word for it.
- Largest Sweater Basket In The Industry: It's 39% larger than our previous sweater basket, formed of heavy-gauge, vinyl-coated wire that won't rust or corrode and won't snag sweaters. It's designed to be easily cleaned and won't collect dirt or debris. And it comes with an integrated sand rake holder, standard. Who would have thought a sweater basket could generate so much excitement? Someone who cares about his sweater, that's who.
- Largest Bag Well / Bag Holder: It's the biggest bag holder in the industry, but it has an especially low load-unload height and a wide, easy-to-use strap clip to hold two tournament-size bags securely in place while protecting body panels from scratches. It's made of textured, scuff-resistant plastic and has a center divider to help keep bags from shifting. Top it all off with built-in drainage holes to keep bags dry and make cleaning easy.
- Built-In Transaxle Impact Protection: Our cast-aluminum transaxle case is designed with integrated impact protection. You don't need a skid plate to fend off the hazards that come from underneath. Our hardened case can take care of itself.
- Easy-To-Clean, Durable One-Piece Floor Mat: The point was to make it easy to clean. So we made it one piece, covering the floorboard and footrest area. We made it from durable, textured rubber to provide cushioned comfort for the occupants.
- Premium Tread Tires: Check out the tread pattern on our four-ply tires. It's designed to provide superior on-course performance while minimizing turf compaction, the perfect combination.
- Easy-To-Clean Cup Holders: You know that really gross stuff that collects in the bottom of cup holders? We don't have that. Our cup holders are built with drain holes that keep liquids and debris from accumulating. And they're removable, so cleaning them is a snap.
- Large Comfortable Armrest: Exactly how important is an armrest? Depends on whether it's done right. Ours is strong, made of steel-reinforced, glass filled polypropylene. It's larger and wider than previous models, but it doesn't interfere with entry or exit. It's substantial enough to provide comfort and security for the occupants—and if that's not important, what is?
- Largest Rear Access Panel: If you need to access the starter generator, governor and transaxle on the gas car, or the motor control unit and vital electrical components on the electric car, you have the advantage of the largest access panel in the business. Open it up and make it happen.
- Easy-Grip Steering Wheel: It's not just that it's thick, contoured and textured for easy gripping. It's not even that we integrated a scorecard holder and a pencil holder into the design. It's the way we carefully positioned the pencil holder to avoid scratched wrists and torn golf gloves. That's what we mean by attention to detail.
- Most Reliable Warranty In The Industry: The DRIVE® comes with a 4-year limited warranty.* The Trojan batteries come with one of the industry's best, a limited 4-year or 1,000 round warranty. And if anything should go wrong—hey, you're dealing with Yamaha. We're going to make it right.
- Overall Length: 94.3 in. (2395 mm)
- Overall Width: 47.2 in. (1200 mm)
- Overall Height (with Suntop): 70.4 in. (1789 mm)
- Overall Height (no Suntop): 46.9 in. (1190 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64.6 in. (1640 mm)
- Front Wheel Tread: 34.3 in. (870 mm)
- Rear Wheel Tread: 38.6 in. (980 mm)
- Minimum Ground Clearance: 4.3 in. (109 mm)
- Engine Type: Yamaha built, low emission single cylinder 60° incline OHV
- Displacement: 357 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 85 x 63 mm
- Horsepower: 11.4 HP (8.5 Kw/3500 rpm)
- Compression Ratio: 8.1:1
- Lubrication System: Splash style positive oil lubrication
- Oil Capacity: 1 U.S. quart (1 liter, 1000 cc)
- Air Cleaner: Two stage, urethane-foam pre-cleaner and high-capacity pleated paper cartridge
- Cooling System: Forced air
- Carburetor: Mikuni BV26-18
- Ignition System: Transistor magneto ignition
- Transaxle: EnduraDrive™ V-belt automatic forward/reverse transaxle equipped with high-precision helical gears, 11.40:1 drive axle ratio
- Frame: HybriCore™ Chassis features a robotic welded automotive ladder-style steel frame mated to a polypropylene structural floor. Frame is protected with a multi-step full-immersion phosphate treatment, electro-deposition epoxy-based coating, and a electrostatic applied polyester/urethane powder topcoat
- Body: Custom-formulated thermoplastic olefin, painted with a two-part topcoat of high-luster automotive grade polyurethane
- Steering: Self-compensating double reduction helical rack-and-pinion, permanently lubricated with sealed bearings and greaseless tie-rod ends
- Front Suspension: Tru-Trak II™ fully independent automotive-style strut suspension
- Rear Suspension: Unit swing arm with coil springs over hydraulic shock absorbers
- Brakes: Maintenance-free internal transaxle disc brake
- Seating: Seamless, fabric-backed vinyl bonded to pure, virgin foam contoured seat cushions and mated to a warp and moisture resistant polypropylene bottom, strengthened with plated steel inserts
- Bumpers: Front and rear 5 mph energy-absorbing bumpers
- Max Forward Speed: 15 mph (24 km/h)
- Max Reverse Speed: 11.4 mph (18.4 km/h)
- Turning Radius: 9.2 ft (2.8 m)
- Dry Weight (with Sun Top, Less Battery): 608 lbs (276 kg)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.8 US gal (22.0 L)
- Tire Size: 18.00 x 8.50-8.00 (4-ply rating)
- Seating Capacity: 2 persons
- Available Paint Colors: Glacier
- Available Seat & Suntop Color: Stone
- Warranty: Standard 4-year limited vehicle warranty
- Engine Type
- Yamaha built, low emission single cylinder 60° incline OHV
- 357 cc
- 11.4 hp (8.5 kW/3500 rpm)
- Bore and Stroke
- 85 x 63 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni BV26-18 carburetor
- Transistor magneto ignition
- Frame Type
- HybriCore™ Chassis features a robotic welded automotive ladder-style steel frame mated to a polypropylene structural floor. Frame is protected with a multi-step full-immersion phosphate treatment, electro-deposition epoxy-based coating, and a electrostatic applied polyester/urethane powder topcoat
- Front Suspension
- Tru-Trak II™ fully independent automotive-style strut suspension
- Front Brakes
- Maintenance-free internal transaxle disc brake
- Front Tire
- 18.00 x 8.50-8.00 (4-ply rating)
- Rear Suspension
- Unit swing arm with coil springs over hydraulic shock absorbers
- Rear Brakes
- Maintenance-free internal transaxle disc brake
- Rear Tire
- 18.00 x 8.50-8.00 (4-ply rating)
- Dry Weight
- 608 lb. (276 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.8 US gal. (22.0 L)
- Ground Clearance
- 4.3 in. (109 mm)
- 64.6 in. (1640 mm)
- Passenger Capacity
- EnduraDrive™ V-belt automatic forward/reverse transaxle equipped with high-precision helical gears, 11.40:1 drive axle ratio
- Max Forward Speed
- 15 mph (24 km/h)
- Standard 4-year limited vehicle warranty