2017 Yamaha Kodiak 700
17 Kodiak green (2)
Big Red Motorsports - Neligh
Legendary Bear, Unbeatable Value
Tackling the toughest jobs and roughest terrain with superior comfort and legendary Yamaha reliability.
- High-Tech Engine, Built for the Real World: The Kodiak™ 700 features a powerful 708cc, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine with optimized torque, power delivery and engine character—ideal for smooth, quiet operation all day long.
- Ultramatic® – The Industry’s Most Durable CVT Transmission: Kodiak 700’s Ultramatic® transmission features a gated shifter, dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive plus reverse gear and is the most advanced drive system available – plus, the gear ratio and Kodiak-specific CVT settings are designed to lower engine RPM and provide a smooth, easy-to-use power character. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and a sprag clutch provides natural all-wheel engine braking.
- Compact, Comfortable Chassis: The Kodiak 700 features a compact and comfortable new chassis with fully independent suspension, exclusively-designed 25-inch Maxxis® tires and wide arc A-arms providing optimum terrainability, comfort and handling.
- Sharp Styling: The Kodiak 700’s styling features bright halogen headlights, large storage compartments and large-diameter front and rear racks with class-leading load capacity.
- Work-Ready Tow Capacity: Heavy-duty ball mount comes standard and can tow more than 1300 pounds.
- High-Tech Engine, Built for the Real World: The Kodiak 700 features a powerful DOHC 708cc, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine with optimized torque, power delivery and engine character—ideal for smooth, quiet operation all day long. Mikuni® fuel injection means easy cold starts and flawless fuel delivery in nearly any condition.
- Excellent Torque: The engine features a 10.1:1 compression ratio and the four-valve head delivers optimum torque for excellent responsiveness, even with heavy cargo loads.
- High-Mounted Air Intake: A long, high-mounted air intake layout increases power and torque while providing additional room for center storage and easy “no tools” servicing of the large air filter element.
- Fuel Injection: Mikuni® fuel injection with 44mm bore and throttle position sensor means easy cold starts and flawless fuel delivery in nearly any condition.
- Stainless Steel Exhaust: Stainless steel exhaust system features a screen-type spark arrestor for great power with minimum noise output.
- High-Capacity Radiator with Fan: High-capacity radiator with fan-assist delivers excellent air flow for maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the frame for optimal protection.
- Gated Shift Lever and Handlebar-Mounted 4WD Control: Yamaha’s peerless Ultramatic transmission runs through a five-position shift lever with High, Low, Neutral, Reverse and Park gates - for positive and precise transmission operation. Robust, mechanical 4WD system is selected using handlebar lever.
- Drive System Air Intake: Specially designed high-mounted drive system air intake helps reduce drive system temperatures and assists in keeping water and debris from entering the drive case.
- Heavy Duty Tires: Exclusively designed 25-inch Maxxis® tires provide precise steering, optimize comfort and maximize available traction.
- Independent Double Wishbone Front and Rear Suspension: Independent double wishbone suspension, with 7.1” of front wheel travel and 9.1” at the rear, provides excellent rider comfort even on the toughest trails, thanks to nitrogen-charged shocks.
- Front Disc Brakes and Sealed Wet Rear Brake: Hydraulic front disc brakes serve up powerful and consistent braking performance to add to rider confidence, while the sealed rear brake is protected from dirt, rocks and mud.
- Long Range Fuel Tank: An optimized 4.76-gallon fuel tank is located under the seat for excellent mass centralization and handling.
- Generous Ground Clearance: The Kodiak 700 offers 10.8 inches of ground clearance and full-length composite skid plates to deliver maximum underbelly protection for a wide variety of terrain.
- Aggressive and Durable Styling: Durable wrinkled-finish carry bar resists scratching, while injection-molded fenders protect against rock and debris damage.
- Trailer Ball Mount: Heavy-duty ball mount comes standard and can tow more than 1300 pounds.
- Front and Rear Cargo Racks: Larger-diameter, rugged steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable wrinkle paint finish can pack a total of 308 pounds combined (110 lbs. front, 198 lbs. rear).
- Comfortable Seat: Seat is long and plush, improving rider comfort for extended work days or trail exploring.
- Assembled in USA: Assembled Real World Tough™ in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
- Engine Type: 708cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 103.0mm x 85.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.1:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel injection (YFI), 44mm
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R, P
- Final Drive: Lever operated 2WD/4WD; shaft
- Suspension / Front: Independent double wishbone; 7.1-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Independent double wishbone; 9.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: Multi-disk wet brake
- Tires / Front: AT25 x 8-12 Maxxis® MU19
- Tires / Rear: AT25 x 10-12 Maxxis® MU19
- L x W x H: 81.5 in. x 46.5 in. x 48.8 in.
- Seat Height: 33.9 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.2 in.
- Turning Radius: 126.0 in.
- Ground Clearance: 10.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.76 gal.
- Wet Weight: 661 lb.
- Rack Capacity Front / Rear: 110 lb. / 198 lb.
- Towing Capacity: 1322 lb.
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. ATVs are recommended for those aged 16 years and older. Yamaha recommends an approved training course. See your dealer or call 1-800-887-2887. ATVs can be hazardous to operate.
- Engine Type
- DOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke
- 103.0mm x 85.0mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Yamaha Fuel injection (YFI), 44mm
- Front Travel
- 7.1 in.
- Front Suspension
- Independent double wishbone
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Front Tires
- AT25 x 8-12 Maxxis® MU19
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double wishbone
- Rear Travel
- 9.1 in.
- Rear Brake Type
- Multi-disk wet brake
- Rear Tires
- AT25 x 10-12 Maxxis® MU19
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 661 lb.
- Front Rack Capacity
- 110 lb.
- Rear Rack Capacity
- 198 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 1322 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.76 gal.
- Ground Clearance
- 10.8 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 81.5 in. x 46.5 in. x 48.8 in.
- 49.2 in.
- Drive Train
- Lever operated 2WD/4WD
- Final Drive
- Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R, P
- Hunter Green, Red
- 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)